At BrownBear Cloud security of your data is taken very seriously. We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
We are guided by the highest of Industry standards. As an BrownBear Cloud customer, you can feel safe knowing that we provide the following:
- Files are transferred through a 2048 bit encrypted Secure Socket Layer (SSL) connection
- For premium users BrownBear Cloud creates a zero knowledge encryption folder called “Secure Files”, where uploaded files are encrypted with strong AES-256 encryption on-the-fly. Your custom encryption key never leaves your computer and files are encrypted before they are sent to BrownBear Cloud servers.
User, Group, and Public Access Permissions
- Control over access and specific restrictions to your data
- Receive activity reports by email
User and File Monitoring
- View and Analyze File and User Access
We are constantly scanned by Comodo HackerGuardian Antivirus Protection to help keep your files and computers safe against unwanted viruses, malware and attacks.
Your account information and access to our service is accessible only through the use of an individual user ID and password and you can choose to receive automated reports about activities of account users by email. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password safe and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately through the Contact Center if you believe your password has been misused.
For your security and peace of mind, we have taken steps to ensure the privacy of your data from the application level to the data storage level.
- Login at the application level is required to access your data in BrownBear Cloud.
- Data is transferred through a secure SSL connection.
- Files and folders can be restricted with private permissions to prevent unauthorized access.
- Each file and folder is given a unique ID.
- Network activity is continuously monitored.
- Our servers are all located behind a firewall to prevent unauthorized network access.
- Multiple connections provide speed, network efficiency and reliable connectivity.
- The Servers (where your data is stored) are kept in a controlled environment with limited access.
- Servers in our Data Centers are under constant monitoring and surveillance.
- Servers have locked access control and have an on-site security team for monitoring.
- For premium accounts, data is mirrored to multiple servers for enhanced redundancy. This is part of BrownBear Cloud’s commitment to protecting your data.
The BrownBear Cloud Promise:
- 100% Uptime – Contact support for a refund for any period of downtime.
- Fast Support – 24/7 Email Support for all members with most responses in only a matter of hours. Phone support during office hours.
- The most bang for your buck – We strive to provide the best possible service at the lowest possible price.
- Continued Improvements – We listen to what our users want. Have a specific request? Let us know and we’ll do our best to implement it into BrownBear Cloud.
HIPAA & PCI
Our hosting environment and security standards are fully compatible with HIPPA and PCI compliant organizations who require this additional degree of security.
We have security measures in place to support your HIPAA & PCI compliant organization.
- SAS 70 Type II certified
- SOC 2 audited
- Ability to perform complete audits
- File encryption during transmission and storage*
- Ability to restrict access to your data and information
- Micro Segmentation of communications
- * File encryption is done through our desktop apps only and is not possible through our website or mobile apps. Our desktop apps use AES encryption through the OpenSSL protocol.